Vallée des Baux: Voluntary management position
A Rocha France is a Christian organization for the protection of the environment. We are looking for a volunteer or a couple to manage the Arles centre. You will facilitate the work of the small team of salaried workers, volunteers and interns who are in charge of the scientific study programmes and environmental education. The centre also welcomes friends of the organization and rents rooms to tourists for periods of up to a week. For this position you will need both organizational and pastoral skills. It is particularly suitable for a couple, but if you are single this is no problem. It would also possibly be compatible with another professional or voluntary part-time occupation.
Organize and facilitate community living:
- Look after volunteers and interns: communication, bookings, sleeping arrangements, transport, and being available for them when they’re off-duty
- Ensure that chores are shared by team members and volunteers for the smooth running of the centre, for example planning meals and shopping, cleaning rotas, general light maintenance of premises, vehicles and other equipment
- Best use of premises to ensure safety of equipment and people, and save energy and resources
- General monitoring of expenses
You will facilitate community living, which includes Bible engagement and the spiritual life of staff and volunteers:
- Ensure that everyone’s convictions are respected
- Schedule times of sharing, prayer, teaching, support and mediation, etc.
You will need:
- to be good at relationships and organization.
- a measure of human and spiritual maturity. The team needs discernment to create a good atmosphere.
- very good written and spoken French, and preferably, at least spoken English.
- a real concern for our diverse missions.
- to be free for at least a year, if possible, to create lasting group dynamics.
This is a pro bono appointment (unpaid).
You will live onsite.
At present we have 10 bedrooms and 4 shared living areas, but we may need to move into smaller premises sometime soon.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any further information:
Contact: Paul JEANSON, Chairman- paul.jeanson(at)free.fr